FLORKEM® (Florfenicol 300mg/mℓ) in 100 & 250mℓ pack sizes. Florkem is a broad-spectrum antibiotic in the Phenicol group. For the treatment of primary or secondary bacterial infections in cattle and sheep to hasten recovery.
- Food Safety: Not a medically important antibiotic in human medicine; Unique in livestock
- Bacterial resistance development: Lower risk
- No cross-resistance with Macrolides used for metaphylaxis in Bovine Respiratory Disease (BRD)
- Fast Acting: Achieves Minimum Inhibitory Concentration (MIC) in plasma and lungs within 30 minutes and 2 hours, respectively - to address bacteria doubling in numbers every 30 minutes
- One dose in Cattle: No re-treatment moratorium for 72 hours after a single* 40mg/ kg dose sc.
- Bacteriocidal activity buys time for the immune-compromised animal to cure itself
- Improved syringability: Efficient removal of entire content – no remaining left-overs wasted
- CLAS® vial allows for lighter and lower bulk packaging waste, lower risk for breakage
- Meat withdrawal 44 days in cattle