A long-acting injectable Oxytetracycline solution.
Tenaline® L.A. guarantees the combination of high quality Oxytetracycline raw material plus a specific formulation developed by Ceva's R&D team. Produced in a Ceva Group's GMP factory (Libourne, France), Tenaline® L.A. is your antibiotic of choice for strategic medication and prevention of mostly ruminant diseases.
Ceva experts have developed a new innovative generation of vials made of plastic polymer for its range of Antibiotics: CLAS® vials, which are the first double layered polymer packaging which guarantees stability to the long acting Oxytetracycline formulation. They are also easy to handle, light, shock resistant.
Tenaline® L.A. is the only Oxytetracycline L.A. injection in South Africa with 3 years expiry date after manufacture.
Proven to be tissue-friendly; 72-96 hours efficacy. CLAS container (light, shock-resistant, easy handling, ensures stability of the active ingredient–hence long shelf life of 3 years;
Treatment and prevention (block treatment) of Heartwater and Gall sickness (Anaplasmosis), Pneumonia, Foot rot, Navel ill and Joint ill and uterine infections are the most common indications for its use.
FLORKEM® (Florfenicol 300mg/mℓ) in 100 & 250mℓ pack sizes. Florkem is a broad-spectrum antibiotic in the Phenicol group. For the treatment of primary or secondary bacterial infections in cattle and sheep to hasten recovery.
- Food Safety: Not a medically important antibiotic in human medicine; Unique in livestock
- Bacterial resistance development: Lower risk
- No cross-resistance with Macrolides used for metaphylaxis in Bovine Respiratory Disease (BRD)
- Fast Acting: Achieves Minimum Inhibitory Concentration (MIC) in plasma and lungs within 30 minutes and 2 hours, respectively - to address bacteria doubling in numbers every 30 minutes
- One dose in Cattle: No re-treatment moratorium for 72 hours after a single* 40mg/ kg dose sc.
- Bacteriocidal activity buys time for the immune-compromised animal to cure itself
- Improved syringability: Efficient removal of entire content – no remaining left-overs wasted
- CLAS® vial allows for lighter and lower bulk packaging waste, lower risk for breakage
- Meat withdrawal 44 days in cattle
Last update: 02/11/2018