Coglavax® (Vaccine for protection against Clostridial toxins)
A polyvalent-inactivated Toxoïd vaccine for the prevention of the following conditions caused by Clostridial toxins in sheep and cattle:
- Clostridial Myositis (Gas Gangrene in cattle and sheep, Malignant oedema, Black quarter (Sponsiekte) in cattle and sheep, Uterine gas gangrene in cattle and sheep, Necrotic hepatitis)
- Enterotoxaemia (Redgut in cattle, Bloodgut in sheep, Pulpy kidney, Lamb dysentery, Haemorrhagic enteritis)
- Tetanus (Lock jaw)
Coglavax® induces 2 IU antibodies per mℓ serum in test animals, against Alpha toxin of Clostridium perfringens Type A.
Effectively reduces the risk of losses due to toxin production following the overgrowth of the ubiquitous Clostridial bacteria in the muscle and the gut, under the following circumstances:
- Fast growing stock with high dry matter intake
- After parturition in ewes, heifers and cows
- During intake of lush growing pasture
- Variation in intakes as is often the case in zero-grazing dairy systems and beef & sheep feedlots
- In wounds (e.g. caused by shearing, uterine wounds, tail docking, castration and teething)
Lower risk of injection site tissue reactions.
Cevac® Chlamydia (Vaccine to minimize embryonal and foetal loss caused by Chlamydophila abortus bacteria in sheep).
Live attenuated Chlamydophila abortus Strain 1B vaccine with minimum of 105.0 IFU’s (Inclusion forming Units) per 2 mℓ dose.
Helps prevent Chlamydophila abortus-related losses in conceptuses in ewes to help minimize the difference between scan conception and actual lambs born. This modified live vaccine provides an immunity that lasts for 2 years; the cellular protection is immediate and shedding of Chlamydophila abortus organisms by symptomless carriers into the environment is minimized.
Last update: 15/05/2020