A long-acting injectable Oxytetracycline solution.
Tenaline® L.A. guarantees the combination of high quality Oxytetracycline raw material plus a specific formulation developed by Ceva's R&D team. Produced in a Ceva Group's GMP factory (Libourne, France), Tenaline® L.A. is your antibiotic of choice for strategic medication and prevention of mostly ruminant diseases.
Ceva experts have developed a new innovative generation of vials made of plastic polymer for its range of Antibiotics: CLAS® vials, which are the first double layered polymer packaging which guarantees stability to the long acting Oxytetracycline formulation. They are also easy to handle, light, shock resistant.
Tenaline® L.A. is the only Oxytetracycline L.A. injection in South Africa with 3 years expiry date after manufacture.
Proven to be tissue-friendly; 72-96 hours efficacy. CLAS container (light, shock-resistant, easy handling, ensures stability of the active ingredient–hence long shelf life of 3 years;
Treatment and prevention (block treatment) of Heartwater, Pneumonia, Foot rot, Navel Ill and Joint Ill, Uterine infections and most other susceptible bacterial infections.
FLORKEM® (Florfenicol 300mg/mℓ) in 100 & 250mℓ pack sizes. Florkem is a broad-spectrum antibiotic in the Phenicol group. For the treatment of primary or secondary bacterial infections in cattle and sheep to hasten recovery.
- Food Safety: Not a medically important antibiotic in human medicine; Unique in livestock
- Bacterial resistance development: Lower risk
- No cross-resistance with Macrolide and other antibiotics
- Fast Acting: Achieves Minimum Inhibitory Concentration (MIC) in plasma and lungs within 30 minutes and 2 hours, respectively - to address bacteria doubling in numbers every 30 minutes
- Single daily intramuscular injection of 1 mL per 15kg bodymass for 3 consecutive days
- Bacteriocidal activity buys time for the immune-compromised animal to cure itself
- Improved syringability: Efficient removal of entire content – no remaining left-overs wasted
- CLAS® vial allows for lighter and lower bulk packaging waste, lower risk for breakage
- Meat withdrawal 37 days in sheep after the last treatment
Last update: 02/11/2018