The Dairy farming school was held at the Sante Hotel in Paarl, about half an hour in the countryside from Cape town.
This again was a gathering of top Dairy Veterinarians and Dairy Farmers to discuss the benfits and conditions needed for ideal fixed time AI success.
International Guest Valessio Valenza was our main speaker and moderator.
Ceva staff of Pieter Conradie (Dairy TSM)\ Dr Willem Schultheiss (Ruminant BUM) and John Littlefield (Ruminant NSM) were present to ensure the message of Prid® Delta was conveyed.
Key topics covered was:
- The oestrus cycle of heifers and cows – Alessio Valenza
- Before one ventures into sunchronising oestrus: What are the Prerequisites for Success? – Willem Schultheiss
- Expression & Detection of Oestrus in Dairy Cows – The role of new technologies – Alessio Valenza
- The management and availability of injectable oestrogens in SA – Odile Hambly, V-Tec
- Experiences regarding uterine health and the use of Prid Delta – Markus Fourie
- Which bull traits can improve dairy herd efficiency – Wikus van der Merwe – Alta Genetics ZA
- Experiences & results with Synchronisation & Fixed Time AI in heifers on Pasture – Louis Hoek & Farmer Client(s)
This was completed with a lively debate amongst farmers and veterinarians who for the first time understood the complexities and responsibilities of each partner to ensure successful fixed time AI was done.
Last update: 12/06/2017